Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Spring Flowers Birthday Cake

I've been wanting to try out some more realistic gum paste flowers and had the opportunity to try some out on my friend Cristina's birthday cake.  Cristina loves bulb flowers and wild flowers, so I decided to try my hand at some white daisies, gerbera daisies, daffodils, and tulips.  I was pretty happy with all of the flowers except the tulips..I'll have to find another method for those.  The insides of this cake were pretty yummy - vanilla cake with lemon buttercream and raspberry filling.  Then the cake was iced in vanilla buttercream and decorated with my flowers.  It was pretty tasty and verrrrry sweet.  I think I need to throw a stick of salted butter in my buttercream to tone down the sweetness a bit.  There are more cakes in the future, so I will try that next time!  :)






And finally a nice guts shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!