Thursday, April 15, 2010

DIY Wedding

Our wedding is finally over and all of that work is a thing of the past - WOOHOO! I totally enjoyed being creative and crafty for the wedding, but there were times where I almost gave up because my ideas and ambitions exceeded my level of motivation and the time available to complete them. Case in point, it took me a good 12-15 hours to make the ceremony programs alone. I'm a lunatic, I know. I also found it funny to see people's faces when I told them I was doing my own flowers. Haha, good stuff! At any rate, here is a little gallery of items that I made for the wedding on my own and with help from some great friends.

The programs. Lots of work, but worth it!

Church aisle flower pots. I bought these clear glass hanging candle holders, covered the inside with silver leaf and attached the purple velvet ribbon as a handle. The pots were filled with white hydrangea and purple wax flower. These were then transferred to the reception and hung on shepherds hooks outside the venue.

My bouquet - white hydrangea, white roses, and green hypericum berries. The handle is wrapped with silk ribbon and embellished with pearls

The bridesmaid bouquets - white hydrangea and purple wax flower with a purple velvet ribbon wrapped handle. I attached an initial pin for each of the bridesmaids to finish it off.

Crystal beaded sash for my wedding dress. The white ribbon came with the dress. I bought a beaded applique and sewed it on. It is finished with my grandmother's brooch. :)

Chocolate covered oreos were our favors. They had purple and blue designs on them thanks to some chocolate transfer sheets

The table cards. We used significant dates and places as our table names.

Orchid centerpieces - white dendrobium orchid stems and willow branches with crystal prisms dangling from them

Photographs courtesy of
Megan Carrie www.megancarrie.com
and Bess Marine www.bessmarine.com

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Stacey!! Looks like a ton of work... but it must have been a beautiful wedding. Sure wish we could've been there.

    Glad to see you've got a blog... I'll be keeping an eye on you.

    If you and Ryan need a trip destination, this summer or otherwise, keep us in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey, welcome to blogging! Your wedding was awesome and it was obvious you put a lot of personal touches into it! I am excited you started a blog cause I am a big blog reader and will add you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!