Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spray paint makes it better

I've got a plethora of glass hurricane candle holders.  Short, tall, crackled, clear...but some have silver metal on them and some have black.  It's kinda hard to explain, so here's a couple of pictures

See?  I wanted to use the hurricanes to make an autumn themed centerpiece for our table, but was not happy with the fact that they weren't matching.  The solution?

SPRAYPAINT!

I took the black metal and gave it a good spray, then headed to Michael's to get some candles, pinecones, and berry spray thingers.  Spent about 12 bucks total.  Here's the finished product.


Better, no?

4 comments:

  1. Definitely better! I like that they're cohesive now. And you can move that grouping anywhere and place seasonal items inside for a completely different feel.

    Oh, now I want cheesecake because of your post below. Good, but not good. :)

    Amanda
    Our Humble A{Bowe}d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by! You HAVE to check out HomeGoods, it's possibly the best place ever to buy home decor items. And they have great prices. The one in Altamonte (probably all of them) has all the holiday stuff right now, so it cuts back on the every day cute house stuff available.

    Those candle holders turned out really great! I'm a sucker for anything glass.

    Your blog is so cute! I've been wanting to make mine over, Jordan's even a web designer, but that just means I have to wait around for him to make me something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I love spray paint! I spray paint everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get the holders from?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!