Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Round Here

Our house is modestly decorated for Christmas this year because we are moving to Wisconsin NEXT MONTH!  This is our first Christmas together as a married couple, but we didn't go all out and get a big tree just for the fact that we will have to come back from Christmas vacation to tear it all down AND pack the whole place up to move.  Packing is bad enough, and we didn't want to be vacuuming up pine needles on top of that.  So we just went with my trusty old 3 foot tree that I've had since college.  I threw some garland up and carefully placed lots of pretty shiny things to make it feel like Christmas.  Here's what we ended up with...

Remember my autumn candle arrangement?  I switched it up by adding all things red, silver, and glittery to make it all Christmas-like.
Then I added my most favorite red and silver mercury glass trees to my wine bar area.  Up on the top shelf is a simple candle nativity - the reason for the season!
Here's our tiny little tree next to our TV high tech fireplace.  Oh, apartment living!
Some garland on the bar - nothin' too fancy.
And finally some new additions to the ornament collection this year.
1.  The most perfect ornament ever made - a blown glass mixer  :)
2.  A cute polar bear from World Market
3.  Sledding snowman
4.  Our first Married Christmas wedding cake ornament :)


So that's Christmas in our Florida apartment.  Who knows, next Christmas I may be posting about Christmas in our new house!  :)

3 comments:

Leave me some love!