Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stuff Stace Likes - Droolworthy Decor

Lately I've been perusing a ton of home decor blogs and sites and often find myself drooling over some of the photos that I see.  We are going to be getting a house in the next year (or so) and I may be jumping the gun by decorating my non-existant house so soon, but boy is it fun!  A little decor daydreaming never hurt anyone, right?!    So, here are some interior and exterior design elements that make Stace DROOL!

Let's start with the exterior - The Craftsman
I love the columns, stone work, and wood shingle siding on this style house.  Don't you want to just plop down on that front porch with a glass of iced tea?   I DO!  Craftsman, or Arts and Crafts style architecture was originally popular in the early 1900's but the style seems to be experiencing a bit of a a resurgence lately.  
I even found this new house in Wisconsin around the area that we are looking to move to - and it's in our general price range.  GASP!  Looks like an updated take on the Craftsman style.  I'll take one please!


Next is the floors - dark hardwood floors to be exact.  The wider the slat, the better...


For the kitchen - modern french country.  White cabinets, marble countertops, tile backsplash, and my dark hardwood floors.  Throw in a huge farmhouse style sink, and you've got one happy Stace!


Speaking of tile backsplash, this Arabesque style tile almost made me faint
Seriously, someone needs to fan me down!  Sigh, Swoon, Ahhhhh!


Next up, Shaded Chandeliers.  These guys have it all -  the formalness of a chandelier, with the casual style of a lampshade.  Perfect for a dining room that you don't want to be too imposing.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!


And finally, modern rugs with pretty geometric patterns.  


Please give me a moment - I need to wipe the drool from my laptop.  Ok, now back to reality.  Most of this stuff is way outside of our price range, but it's great inspiration for some bargain shopping or DIYing.  I just hope that we are able to make our house cozy and comfy and a place that people love to come to, with or without the arabesque tile....ok, maybe with the tile.  ;)


4 comments:

  1. Stacey, I totally agree! You've completely nailed the way I want to have our house. You will need to make a trip down here next year and help me decorate the new house when it is finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened onto your site while looking for craftsman/bungalow style decor. We are trying to 'save' a home with water damage in the university area of our city. Darling style collections, feel good surroundings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Craftsman architecture. I grew up in a Portland four square that my father lovingly renovated. I stumbled upon this site while looking for ideas on stonework for the craftsman bungalow I'm building. I will admit to being picky and winced at that second photo. I'm all for modern twists but that is a bit of a miss, the odd excessive gables and large garage face and hidden entrance and plain stick thin posts don't say craftsman as much as they do modern ranch with faint Victorian aspirations. /snob. I do adore that tile backsplash and that first rug has me inspired! Digging this site as well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!