By now it's pretty much public information that we will be relocating to Wisconsin in the Spring of 2011 (if all goes as planned!). This means that I will be leaving FL after 20 years of calling it my home. Crazy! I'm going to miss it and my friends there a lot (*sniff*), but there are a ton of things to look forward to in Wisco. I've been keeping little mental notes of the good things about Wisconsin, and I thought I would write em' down for all the world to see. After all, I do want people to come visit once we move here! ;)
1. There are no cockroaches - I am deathly afraid of those little spawns of Satan!!! So glad I won't be running into any while stepping out of the shower anymore!
2. It is safe! You can run into the grocery store and leave the car unlocked. Heck, you can leave the car unlocked all night outside your house if you wanted to. The only downside to this safe environment is that the cops focus their energies on doling out traffic tickets since there isn't much crime to fight. No ticket yet for me, and I'd like to keep it that way!
3. Wisconsin has some tasty regional food - Some of my favorites: CHEESE!, fried cheese curds, frozen custard, fresh local rolls, and Brat Frys at the Piggly Wiggly on the weekends. At the grocery stores around here, the produce, deli, and bakeries kick Florida's butt. Yes, even Publix's butt. GASP!
4. Nesting can begin - once we move here we will focus on getting a house and then hopefully putting a bun in the oven. Nuff said!
5. Snow! (I hear they get a lot of it around here)
6. The Central Time Zone - I feel like I have an extra hour every evening. We get off of work earlier, the news is earlier, dinner is earlier - thus leaving lots of extra time in the evening to have fun!
7. Sports! We will be smack dab in the middle between Milwaukee and Green Bay which means Brewers baseball and Packers football. I've been to a few Brewers games and hope to make it to see the Packers soon too!
8. Pretty flowers - there are some great flowers here that you don't see in FL - like Peonies and Hydrangea. Hoping to have a garden full of em! Wisconsin also has nice "get it between your toes" soft grass. :)
That's about it for now. Sure, there are bad things about Wisco too (as with any place) but for now I'm focusing on the good. My next post will be this weekend showing the cake I'm making for the Packer's first season game. Looking forward to it! Until then...